1.6

I went to IE Rental Homes which is part of Pama Rentals, desperately seeking a place to live, I met with the property manager Cosandra, of a place I was interested in and she walked me through step by step what I needed and how to apply. The rent for said place was 825$ I make 1000 a month on my own my room mate dosnt get many hours but his social security would make up the difference for rent.

When we get there I get told someone else put in an application for that place and that she wouldn't accept my application when I told her that the property had 2 places and that it was discussed with the property manager she tells me she'll get back to me. I once again called the property manager and she said she'd talk to her. After a few hours she calls saying we didn't make enough to qualify... for low income housing?

Are you kidding me, we went back and I asked her why and she said it wasn't my credit which I know is great, she says we didn't make enough so I tell her again about my roommate who has help from the state, she says I never told her that so I show it to her on the documents she copied and she says she needs a letter from social services stating they'll pay his rent... umm that's what the paper was so now we loose out on a place for bull reasons. I think she was trying to save the place for people she knew which was messed up because we are trying to get a place before we end up on the street.

I also asked the property manager at the place if it would be ok we don't make 2.5 x the rent and she said she has people there who make less that have been there so I truly feel ripped off and cheated. I intend to report them to the BBB for really bad service and unfair treatment, discrimination because that's rediclious.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pama Management Property Manager.

Comments

#1581937

This is the worst rental company. Do not have an emergency because they will not respond for over 24 hours.

Their message machine is continuously full and if you go to the office they talk to you from behind bars as if you were a convict. Maybe they’re convicts taking money without giving service!!

I'm really sorry to hear that? Did your roommate do a separate application?

They make up whatever they want to do whatever they want. Palmdale office is awful it's a little better now that they fired Caroline but it's still run by rude people.

Call the CalBRE and file a complaint against Everett Miller, Nijjar Realty, Pama and IE rentals. They do illegal things don't let them get away with it.