I have been living at these apartment for 7 months and have been a no hassle tenant. I noticed a crack in my UPSTAIRS bedroom window that is on the outside and keeps getting bigger.

I asked to get it fixed and the managers answer was simply, you have to pay for it unless there is a police report. But why would I get a police report for no crime, this clearly happened from a branch or rock (who knows). I showed that on the signed rental agreement it says tenants only pay for repairs if due to negligence or carelessness; which does not apply to my situation.

All she can say is that she doesn't make the rules. It's ridiculous really.dont waste your time at this complex.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pama Management Property Rental.

Comments

Whittier, California, United States #1353313

Managers are suppose to be License by the DRE, Department of Realestate, unless there is a broker or a License person in the office with them. That is why the apartments I am a manager at will not hire unlicensed apartment managers. The company can get in trouble and end up with a big fine$$$$$$$$$.

to Anonymous #1355930

There are quite a DRE licenses at Pama.

There slum landlords they dont fix anything right raise the rent without any notice the staff are so unprofessinal charging tenents for repairs that they did'nt do mold in the ceiling calling tenents and telling them not to come and fill out any more request on repairs because tenents are breaking and damaging the apt they will charge the tenents for the repairs they dont give you any of your deposite back there liars and thieves I DONT RECOMEND ANYONE TO RENT FROM THEM contract does'nt mean anything it does'nt help the victim (tenent) this company is getting away with .

Riverside, California, United States #1272329

well you gotta read your contract before you do anything it is your responsibility to take care of your unit no matter what it is..

im sorry its not the managers fault

to Anonymous #1291147

It's not the managers fault That my window broke. But it's also not my doing.

In the rental agreement it clearly states that a tenant is responsible for damages if it was do to carelessness or negligence. Since that is not the case, it's the property responsibility to fix damages. Also, I live on the second floor with my bedroom window facing the back of the building; the crack is on the outside... not the inside of the window.

If it was my wrong doing what caused the window to crack, the damage would have started from the inside out. Not the other way around.

Also the rental agreement DOES NOT state that 1) a police report has to be filed to get a window fixed and 2) that any act of nature that damages the property is the tenants responsibility to fix. So please elaborate how I'm in the wrong?

to Anonymous #1329086

It is in your property no matter what way it is. It is your responsibility to pay for the fixing and yes your property manager has to replace it. That is your right.